Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Graduation - One Year Later

My parents and I at my graduation
ceremony last May. :)
One year ago, I graduated high school. It was a very monumental day in my life. I had been homeschooled "all the way"- from preschool through high school. I was privileged enough to participate in a state-wide graduation ceremony for homeschoolers. There were about 125 of us!! It was a wonderful ceremony though, and the speaker gave a wonderful message about always remembering how God is right next to us. I was also thankful to celebrate it with my family and several of our close friends, who had been inspirations to me as I grew up.

I knew that I did not want to pursue college. I felt that the Lord has called me to be a wife and mother someday. I also feel that He has given me a talent for writing (at least I hope so), and He has definitely given me a passion for it. I chose to pursue medical transcriptioning as a way to work from home. Hopefully this is something I could do before, and possibly even after, I have a family. But of course I still plan to pursue writing.

And now here I am a year later, and I am about to graduate again. This time from medical transcriptioning school. I'm not there quite yet, but I'm in my final session and should graduate in June. I'm getting very excited!! I am so thankful for all the support I've had from my friends and family, and from the Lord. My future is unknown to me, but I'm excited to see what He will make of it. :)

~Brooke

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! How do you plan on using your medical transcription certificate? Are you going to work in a hospital/clinic setting or search for work from home? Just curious..

    Blessings,
    Schy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Right now I plan to pursue part-time work from home, Lord willing. Hopefully this will also give me time to pursue writing and homemaking training, such as teaching a school subject to my younger sibling next year.

    In Christ,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Please be respectful. =)