Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saving Your First Kiss for Marriage Page

Hello readers. I hope this post finds you all doing well and staying strong in the Lord. :) You know, God is just so amazing. And He really does work in very wonderful ways. In 2010 I started a Facebook fan page called "Saving Your First Kiss for Marriage." I did this as a way for like-minded people to come together and encourage one another. And it worked! If you believe in saving your first kiss for marriage, all you have to do is click "like" and you are instantly connected to thousands of people who hold fast to wonderful values of purity. I have watched this page grow from only a few fans to literally thousands of fans. I remember watching in excitement as the page reached 100 fans. Today there are 12,577 fans. That is just mind-blowing to me. When I started it, I was the sole administrator. Since then I have had to add two additional administrators to help me take care of all the extra traffic! God has used and grown this page in amazing ways. One thing I did not expect from this page was persecution. But many times when believers unite, Satan tries to deter them. This was no exception. People who do not value purity get on the page to try to make fun, ridicule, and discourage others. My fellow administrators and I do our best to field these comments and people, removing what is necessary to keep everyone encouraged. This does not, however, mean that we remove everything that we do not agree with. Oh no. In fact, having people challenge my point of view has helped me grow so much. Now not only do I know what I believe, but I can defend it too; and I have many times. So if you're looking for some encouragement, or just a lively discussion, please check out the page on Facebook.

"As in water face reflects face, so the heart of man reflects man." -Proverbs 27:19


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Please be respectful. =)