Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

My Thoughts on Prayer

Hello readers. How are you all? I hope you are staying strong in your faith. Today I'd like to talk a little about prayer. When it comes to my relationship with God, prayer is the one place I have struggled the most. I'm usually very good about reading my Bible daily, but not as good at praying daily. Lately I have really been trying to change that. Personally, I like to pray just before I go to bed at night. I like the idea of talking to God just before I go to sleep; anything that has come up during the day I can bring before Him. I have also tried to start talking to Him more throughout the day. Sometimes I just sit on the floor in my room and pour my heart out to Him. For too long, I've thought about prayer the wrong way. I've put too many rules to it, prayed too much for just what I want. Now I try to just simply talk to God. I have also started trying to praise Him more. I know I can only do my best, and He knows what I need. This verse is so encouraging to me when it comes to prayer: In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through groans that words cannot express. -Romans 8:26 
I know the Lord will help me when I have no words to pray. 


~Brooke



3 comments:

  1. Love these thoughts, Brooke. I struggle in the same department and have put rules on myself as well. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I awarded you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment h. rae. It is so cool to know that others struggle just as we do.

    Thank you for the award Hannah. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Please be respectful. =)