Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

The 2012 James 4:8 Challenge

Wow. My first blog post of 2012. How exciting. It is also my first blog post since Thanksgiving, I'm a little ashamed to admit. Well I just wrote out a new list of goals today, and one of them is to post on here at least once a week. So, Lord willing, you'll be seeing a little more of me. Of course I will continue to post about random (or not-so-random) things that arouse my interest...but if you ever have something you'd just love for me to write about- let me know!! :)
Well it is 2012. A new year. A new beginning for some people. This year I have challenged some of my friends, and myself, with something I am calling the James 4:8 Challenge. I would like to challenge you as well. James 4:8 says, "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." Do you desire to be closer to God? I know that I do. Well then we must draw near to Him. Two really big ways to do this are reading His Word and spending time in prayer. So this year, I challenge you to do just that! Read His Word EVERY day. Pray EVERY day. If you are already doing those things, that is great! I challenge you to spend even MORE time in His Word and prayer this year. I guarantee you if you are digging deep into His Word and pouring your heart out to Him, your relationship with Him will deepen. So this year it is my personal commitment to spend more time in the Word and prayer! I hope you will as well!
P.S. If these are areas you struggle in, you may find a daily Bible and a prayer journal to be immensely helpful. Some friends of mine have started a Facebook group called "Bible Study on FB". It is a group where believers post scriptures and discuss them. If you are interested, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Please be respectful. =)