Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

My Everyday Hero

In a few days we will be remembering something that happened 10 years ago. 9-11. September 11, 2001. It was a horrible tragedy for this country, and for so many thousands of people. Many civilians, police officers, and firefighters gave their lives. I can’t even begin to relate to the pain the family members of the fallen have gone through. But I am mindful of these people today. My father is a professional firefighter. On a regular basis he is on duty for 24 hours at a time. He and the other members of his shift sacrifice their personal and family time, their sleep, and sometimes endanger themselves to protect people. They run into burning buildings. They cut people out of totaled cars. They are there, ready to respond to an emergency at any given moment. It takes a special kind of man to do what they do. I am so proud of my father. I think we would all agree that these sorts of men are the everyday heros of our country. But let’s not forget our Heavenly Hero, who is also there for us 24/7. He was not only willing to lay down His life for us, He did die for us. Let us remember His sacrifice, both today and everyday. Have a blessed weekend friends. 

1 comment:

I love comments!! Please be respectful. =)