Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Losing, Forgiving, and Car Radios

I never listen to the radio.

No really. Whenever I'm driving in my car, I listen to my favorite CDs. But would you believe that one day God made a bunch of different things happen so that I would listen to the radio?

I was going through a very difficult conflict with a close friend. Hurtful words had been slung; I was frustrated, angry, and beyond hurt. On this particular day, I had to go into town to teach a few piano lessons. But my car was at the shop getting some new tires. So I had to drive my mom's car. Since I was in her car, I decided to just listen to the radio. Which I rarely ever do.

As I was driving, a song came on I had never heard before. It was "Losing" by Tenth Avenue North. (If you haven't heard it yet, go listen to it. Right now.) As I listened to the words of that song, I started to cry. It was as if the writer had written it specifically for me and the situation I was going through. As the tears came, I realized that God had sent me that song right then because it was exactly what I needed to hear.

Slowly, I went through the journey of finding forgiveness towards the friend that had hurt me so. It was not easy. But I firmly believe that song was one of the biggest factors in helping me move towards forgiveness. I listened to it over and over again over the next few weeks. But looking back, I cannot help but be amazed in God's provision, and how He worked everything out just right. First of all, the day my car was going to be in the shop had been picked weeks before, before anything had even happened between me and my friend. Then I had decided to drive my mom's car, then I had decided to listen to that particular station at that particular time. Then that song had just happened to come on at the moment I needed it most.

God always knows exactly what we need. And He always gives us just what we need just when we need it. He loves you so much He will rearrange things to give you the comfort, peace, and provision you need! 


Even if it takes making your car go to the shop so you'll listen to the radio.



3 comments:

  1. Love this! There's a lot of "just happened" in there, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Brooke is it? I just wanted to tell you how wonderful I think this entry is. That song is amazing, it really challenges me and helps me remember that we need to show the same unconditional love and forgiveness to our neighbors that the Lord shows to us.

    I cannot say I've been in the same type of situation you were in, but I can say that your last paragraph there speaks to me SO much. Three nights ago I had an experience just like that (God worked out everything "just so" right when He knew I needed it). Praise Him for His goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elisha,

      Thank you so much!

      God is good!!!

      Delete

I love comments!! Please be respectful. =)