Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Visionary Womanhood: A SAHD Link for You

Hello dearest readers. Lately a couple of posts about stay-at-home-daughterhood have sparked a LOT of feedback, both good and bad. I'm sharing with you a link to a wonderful, amazing post on the subject. It expresses absolutely everything I feel about SAHDs. It talks about the exact things that I strive to do.
Also, if you are truly interested in the SAHD movement, I suggest Joyfully at Home by Jasmine Baucham. It is by far the best resource on the subject.

Visionary Womanhood: Taking Dominion by Washing Feet

Enjoy! =)

2 comments:

  1. Brooke,
    I really was unaware of the movement of SAHD's until the last couple months. Your blog along with others made it a tad clearer to me, but I still don't understand it completely. As I'm married, being a SAHD obviously isn't in the plans. Lol.
    But I am very curious about aspects of it as it seems to be coming more popular. I have a few questions, if you don't mind: How is being a SAHD Biblical? Do you think college should be an option for any female? Do you think females who do go to college are not following God's will? What about those who never marry, should they stay in their father's home their whole life?
    Although, I do not agree with all of what I have read so far about SAHD's, I am not criticizing you or your choices, just a curious observer.
    Thanks!
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CC,

    The Biblical part about being a SAHD is that young women always stayed under the protection of either their father or husband. Again, Jasmine's book does a great job of illuminating this, and I cannot just type it all out here because of copyright laws. ;)
    College may be a good option for some young women - I can only speak for myself in saying that I chose not to go to college. I know many SAHD's who have gotten college educations, however.
    Being a SAHD is not about selfishness, as some have assumed, but rather it is about serving God and the family He has placed you in. :)
    Thanks for your comment,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Please be respectful. =)