Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Woman After God's Own Heart

David was called “a man after God’s own heart.” Isn’t that amazing? Imagine being called a person after God’s own heart. How humbling that would be. So we all think of David being a man after God’s own heart, and that got me thinking. What about a woman after God’s heart? Now I know that there is never a woman in the Bible who is actually called this, but if there was I think it would be Mary, the mother of Jesus. Consider her reaction when she was told she would bear the Saviour of the world: “Mary said to the angel, ‘How can this be, since I am a virgin?’ the angel answered and said to her, ‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God…’ And Mary said, ‘Behold, the bond-slave of the Lord; may it be done to me according to your word.’”- Luke 1:34-38

Though Mary didn’t really understand how the things the angel told her could be, she realized that God was in control. She willing put herself into His will and plan- “May it be done to me according to your word.” I think Mary’s faith and selflessness makes her a woman after God’s own heart. I hope that I can follow her example and also be a woman after God’s own heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Please be respectful. =)